kids

kids

Friday, August 25, 2017

October 1-13, 2016 - General Conference / Melody New Bed

We were lucky and were able to get 4 tickets to the Saturday Afternoon session of General 
Conference. It was so cool to be in the same room as the Prophet Thomas S Monson, and the 
Apostles and to have Xander and Mara with us too. I was overcome by the spirit when we 
were able to sustain the prophet and all the church leaders. Such a special meeting to be at. 




Snuck a peek at Pat doing yard work and Jaina out there with him, 
curious about what he was doing and wanting to help him. 



Well, it was finally time for Melody to get a big girl bed. I always have mixed feelings about 
this change. I love them being in a crib so they can stay put during the night, but they get 
older and need to move on. It just means that she's growing up. She'll be 3 next month, 
so it's totally time to do it.  I had to get a picture of her asleep for the last time in her crib. 


She was excited to have a big bed, but also sad that her 
crib was going away. She did great staying in bed all night.


Just the girls being cute.



Mara loves to organize and present things, makes me wonder if she'll do that 
when she's older too. Anyway, she was happy to set up Melody's toys on her bed.



I just love sleeping kids. I can't remember what was going on but she fell asleep in the car.



It was our friend Jared's birthday, so we went to dinner with Jared, Aubrey, Susan & 
Kenny. We went to Los Hermanos, then to Rockwell for ice cream afterwards.





I love finding drawings. Jaina is really loving to write and draw and it makes me happy.



In trying to keep busy while the kids are in school, we went to North Park and 
played for a bit. Gotta get in all the park time we can before it gets too cold.



With the new bed we needed new storage for the stuffed animals. I found this really simple and cute 
toy box at Walmart. And of course, Melody had to get inside with all the toys (it was Morri's idea).



I was privileged to be able to go to the temple with Lana.  It was so nice to be able 
to get away in the middle of the week and do something so calming with someone I love.



I love that she loves her bed.



We had a play date with Stefanie and Talia. The girls were so happy to play outside on the swing set.


No comments: